Friday, February 3, 2012

From the Baker

Hi! I'm Sarah, and I'm the baker at A Piece of Cake Bakery in Santa Clara, California. I'm writing this blog to tell you about our cake, our staff, and the great work we do! I will also include tips for a successful cake tasting and planning experience, and other wedding and party information.


Let me start with some background. I've been working at A Piece of Cake Bakery since June 2009, along with Katie, our manager and decorator. Jenn has been with the bakery since January 2011, and she's a great addition to our team. We are a very small company, with only three full time employees. We also have a part-time dishwasher and a part-time delivery driver. They help us get our cakes made and delivered on time.


Working with the team at A Piece of Cake is a lot of fun; they're great people. Our customers bring us exciting new designs and ideas for us to translate into cake. Here are a few favorites from the past:


Cars sheet cake, decorated by Sarah

Pirate cake, with (amazing) buttercream artwork by Katie

Palmdale Scroll wedding cake



Coach purse cake, carved and decorated by Katie


Pin It

1 comment: